Get the Smile of Your Dreams with Invisalign®
Many people want a straighter smile, but don’t want to commit to wearing metal braces. Invisalign removes the need for wires and brackets and straightens your teeth with comfortable, plastic aligners that can be easily popped on and off. Plus, because the aligners are clear, most people won't realize you're wearing them!
Comparing Invisalign vs. Braces?
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of custom-made plastic aligners to gently and gradually shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements Dr. Sullivan plans out for you. Before your treatment begins, Dr. Sullivan will take molds of your teeth, which she'll then use to create your unique series of aligners. Although these aligners will be carefully designed, the Invisalign process is incredibly simple: just pop in a new set of aligners every couple of weeks, and you'll be on your way to a straight new smile in no time! Best of all, the aligners are made of a smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible material, so most people won't even know you're wearing them.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Along with creating a beautifully straight smile and boosting your confidence, Invisalign also helps patients maintain good oral health. Because Invisalign helps space out crowded teeth and correct overbites, crossbites, and underbites, you will be able to brush and floss your teeth properly, minimizing your chances for cavities and infection.
How Is Invisalign Different from Braces?
Of course, there are other options out there for straightening your teeth, but you will find that none of them are as comfortable and convenient as Invisalign.
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible. There's no need for showy brackets or wires. Plastic aligners are gentle on your cheeks and gums. You won't have to mess with wires poking your cheeks or brackets irritating your mouth.
- Aligners can be removed for short periods of time without affecting treatment. Braces are bonded to your teeth for the entirety of your treatment.
- You can eat whatever you want. Braces cause you to eliminate several things like peanut butter, apples, and popcorn from your diet.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Because the aligners can be taken out for short periods of time, Invisalign is an excellent orthodontic solution for adults and teens who don’t want straightening their teeth to interfere with their busy lives. Invisalign is most effective for patients with mildly or moderately crowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, overbites, crossbites, and underbites.
Invisalign VS Braces
While both Invisalign and traditional metal braces can straighten your teeth and improve your smile, Invisalign offers an array of benefits for patients that braces simply can't.
- 1. Traditional braces are hard to hide and can often cause patients to feel embarrassed or self-conscious with a mouth full of metal. Invisalign utilizes clear, nearly invisible aligners, so you can still feel confident about your smile throughout the straightening process.
- 2. It can be hard to properly clean your teeth when you're trying to work around brackets and wires. Because of this, braces can often lead to poor oral health. Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you to brush and floss your teeth with ease.
- 3. Traditional metal braces come with a long list of food restrictions as certain foods can get stuck in your braces, or potentially break your brackets. With Invisalign, you take out your aligners when you eat, so you won't have to say goodbye to your favorite foods.
- 4. Braces require frequent visits to the dentist for adjustments that often leave your teeth sore and achy. Invisalign requires fewer, faster, and easier dental appointments, where we'll quickly examine your progress, and give you your new set of aligners.
- 5. Braces can sometimes irritate your lips and gums. Invisalign aligners are made with a smooth plastic material that won't give you sores or irritate your mouth. After a while, you may even forget you're wearing them!
If you're ready to have a straighter, more confident smile, the answer is clear!
Receive a Free Invisalign Consultation!